Thursday 20 January 2005

Wed 19 Jan, early morning

Well I'm up at 5am to go for my run, I want to run for 65-70 min thismorning and need to be home prior to 6.30-35 so Julie (wife) can go to work. I will be home with the 2 little ones today and the temp is expected to be 35degress, so an afternoon run is not recommended.

Well go thru my morning routine, toilet, water, little to eat, shoes, try toilet again (just to make sure), I'm out the door 5.25am.

Not a bad morning, no wind, probably 14-15 degrees, 10 min into run I feel good but calfs are tight so I stop and do some light calf & achilles stretches and then continue on up past the shopping centre. Going along tarneit Rd I have to run on footpath, not a fan but I do like this route. I pass the Werribee cemetary around the 27min mark, feeling very good and just cruising, prob 4.50ish pace. I cross the Princess Hwy in front of cop shop and run along fence line on a bush track for 500m and turn into the DPI Science area of Werribee. A friendly car horn, unsure of owner. Moving along very nicely and I hit the 45 min and decide I will now pick up the pace to 4.30ish until home past track and across train line into Hoppers.

I'm home 1h 6m 55s, which is the fastest I have done this course (only 3rd or 4th time), but all of my time checks had me going slower than norm but the last 25 min I was catching up. Good run, drenched in sweat, Julie refuses to give me a kiss and she is off. Drink a bottle of water and do some standing quads, calf & hamstring stretches. Move inside lay on towel and do 10 min of stretching, including 70 sit ups/crunches of varying styles. Very happy with run, especially after last nights track sess.

No comments: