Monday 28 April 2008

Short time in the gym and a run around Wyndham Park

Well I went to work early to go to the gym for 45 min or so, but I decided whilst driving in, that I would prefer to get some work done, so I only spent 25 min in the gym, 10 min on the bike and then 15 min of stretching and core work.
____________________________

Tonight I put my Garmin on one of the 'lead' kids in my group, I was interested to see how far the kids approx run in my Mon session, 5.2km. Probably 5/6 of the kids would have run that far and then a few would have been approx 1km less and then a couple of even younger ones would have been low to mid 3kms. With me jogging predominantly at the front of the pack except for a few hill repeats I would have run about 4.8km. Tonight we jogged for 6 min to warm up, stretching and then a lap at medium pace to show them exactly where I wanted them to go, 2 min break and then they were to run the lap at a pace that they could repeat after a 3 min break. A couple of the younger kids I told them to jog slowly 2 min in one direction with one of the mums and then return. The older and faster kids all ran slightly faster on their second lap, which was great and a lot better than I expected and it wasn't because they were going slow the first time. :-) Very happy with the pacing.

We then finished off with some hill work, short repeats which I did 4 of and then for the final two I watched, protecting my heel, but also coaching technique.

I was impressed tonight, when we arrived there was a light shower and when we left it started to rain, but whilst training, NO rain. But I was impressed even with the ordinary weather conditions (cold & wet) I had 11 kids and two mums tonight.
____________________________

Western Aths Committee tonight, the final preps for our 'late' Presentation Night this Saturday and also the final meeting prior to the AGM and we need to discuss that our President is moving on and we need some new blood on the Committee.
____________________________

RIP LCPL Jason Marks

No comments: