Friday 11 April 2008

Its all good and those TW ppl are amazing!

No exercise today, a conference in the city and I picked up the boys for the weekend. But I am happy to report no ill effects from yesterdays activities....thankfully!

This morning I couldn't feel my achilles, but I got my voltaren gel and massaged it quite aggressively and there was no pain.. :-)
__________________________

Last night myself & Burkie sat down to try and work out the teams for the first AV Relays next Sat, we have lots of new members and those coming back, so we checked with Clare our Registrar and started picking available runners. For anyone who knows Western Aths well will be surprised or jealous of our success, it appears we will have a minimum of 10 underage teams and eight open teams (4 men & women), this will involve 52 athletes, when I first joined the Club 6 years ago we only had 40 members and that was including the T&F athletes... I can't describe how rapt the experienced campaigners are!!!
__________________________

I finally got to my desk just after 1pm and the first thing I did was check the Trailwalker website...wow Clarkey's team was winning and went on and won they did!!! 100km under 12 hours and beat 2nd by more than 1 hour!!! The Girls (Em, Jay, Michelle & Corrie) were in 78th/667 teams, what a great effort. A couple of hours later 4pm ish, they were 130th but as I type (10:11pm) they are listed as 72nd with less than 35k to go!!! Well done Girls... I have sent 2 texts, I'll send another later!

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Wow, that is an awesome TW effort.

Ewen said...

That's great news about the achilles Stu. A very progressive comeback would be the go I'd imagine.

82nd for The Girls. Great stuff. I can't imagine keeping on the move for nearly 21 hours.

Bad news for Jo, but at least it's only a short time out.

Thanks for the good wishes. It should be a fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your messages, trust me when it was getting tough all the support we were receiving and knowing that people were thinking of us really helped.

And yes, the last two stages were BRUTAL!!! We were stoked with a top 100 finish though, better than we had imagined was possible.