Monday 21 April 2008

Appt at OPSMC & a coaching session at Wyndham Park with some running

3pm appointment at OPSMC, to be honest I was worried that Karen would be saying I had gone backwards, but that wasn't the case, she listened to what I had done (& yes I was 100% honest) and my explanation of how it felt etc. So up on the table, a check and some prodding and then a session of shockwave, overall she is very happy and even though I am more aware of my achilles she believes it feels better and reminded me that I am off the anti-flam tabs.

Plan for next two weeks (next appt), no change to my running schedule, all easy, all on grass/dirt, short runs only and no more than 3 in a week. But the difference is I have a heel raising/lowering regime to follow for the 2 week period.

After my appt I picked up Connor & little Teagan and made my way to Wyndham Park for my training session with the youngens. I gave all of the mums & dads my training plan & timetable for the U12 and younger kids for the next 2 months, they were impressed, a plan. Today was our first visit to Wyndham Park for 2008, many of the kids just assumed we would run the course, but thats not my intent at all. We ran along the dirt trails, crossed the river, jogged around Chrinside Oval (home of the Werribee Tigers, VFL team), with a few onlookers from the footy guys. Its funny, I take all of these trails for granted, but the kids were like wow.... With a few hills thrown in here and there, a few minutes of fartlek work and some jogging recoveries, I was able to keep 14 young kids fairly quiet tonight... :-) A couple of the kids were seperated from the main group in the second half, they are racing in PS District XC races this week, so I had them running on the flat paths whilst the others were going up and down some short sharp hills. The only concern was Stu did these too...according to my Garmin 3.5k for Stu.
___________________________________

AV results are in and Wes Aths are very happy, four teams in the top 3 and heaps in the top half and best of all, I confirmed recruitment for another two ladies who are 43 min ish 10k runners today and also another guy who is a consistant 38 min runner, all three are 'spewing' they missed the first race! Results here

BIG SMILES

2 comments:

jojo said...

sounds promising for 'stu's return to running....albeit slowly... glad to hear

Ewen said...

With those 43-minute ladies, you won't be missing jojo ;)

Nice session for the kids - there's nothing like the unexpected.