Thursday 10 April 2008

No running for a few days

The last few days I have run a few kms, a have done LOADS of lunges & squats and some other exercise, trying to get back into the swing of it. This morning I woke up with a little bit of feeling in my quads, but everything else was fine, abs & back good after pilates.

Today I played 20 minutes of indoor football (soccer), I probably shouldn't have, but I did. The Captain is away and as VC I was happy to organise, but meetings, trips away etc etc, meant we were very short and so I played the second half of the game. So I iced afterwards!!!
_______________________

Tonight Western Aths had a our registration night, many have registered already, but tonight was a success and we have 50 already registered and considering 5 years ago we didn't have 50 for an entire season, it looks really good and there are still more to come for the XCR08 Series. WOW. Five years ago we used to have 5-8 open men compete 1-3 open women and 5-10 underage athletes, this weekend we will have approx 52 running and that is with 5-8 regulars missing through injury, work or overseas races (a tri & the Boston Marathon). This is looking like the best year for Western Aths, something a few of us have been working towards for three years to have this many competing.
_______________________

Only a couple training tonight, but away from my track, but sadly Jo has rang me informing that she has had a fall....(no laughter), many stitches into her knee joint and probably no running for 7-10 days..... she will be very :-(

3 comments:

jojo said...

. she's not very happy.... did you like the VERY gory photos..lol(a half hearted lol though)

Anonymous said...

soccer sounds really sensible Stu :-P

Andrew(ajh) said...

It certainly is very satisfying when you get a great turn-up for your club sports registration night! You guys must be doing something right!