Sunday 6 April 2008

Gym, Little Aths Presentation Night

Friday morning in the gym I started on the rowing machine for 12 boring minutes whilst waiting for the one & only bike that is working to become free (can't complain too much, its not like I pay). Then onto the bike and I rode for 30 minutes at a constant 25kph before I had to hop off for someone else (20 min limit). I then did some upper & lower back work with free weights, then squats on the Smith Machine & a bunch of lunges with some hand held weights.


Sat night I was the MC for my son's Little Aths Centre which was a good night. I have my squad recommencing on Monday night so the evening gave me the opportunity to chat with the parents (making sure we are on the same wave length) and also a couple of the 13-15 years and a couple of other kids who I thought would suit my squad and also benifit from some training & coaching.


I miss running

6 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

Are you allowed to cycle? Swim? Water run? There must be something you can do other than play scrabble.

jojo said...

i would miss running too... i will try to stop complaining after being out of action for a week :( poor stu

Andrew(ajh) said...

Stu, I bet you are missing it - it has been a while. As Sara said, maybe it is time to learn to fix those punctures and get yourself a bike - no waiting for the gym bike then!

Seriously though, I hope that you are back on the track soon.

Whilst you obviously get a lot of satisfaction and happines from your coaching roles, these must be a double-edged sword of sorts too as they expose to you to all of these opther people doing what you so badly want to do!

Keep the chin up - things will get better soon.

Stu Mac said...

Very true, it is time to play with my bike, but must be seated. No water running as that places the achilles into the engaged position, therefore no boxing circuits either (which are a fav).

Like most time is a premium and riding in gym is possible in the dark if in the gym. B

Anonymous said...

I remember years ago, that was one of my pet peeves at gyms, 20 min limit on the treadmill. What made it really frustrating was that sometimes the next person using it only walked the bloody thing, I could never understand it. The time they waited for me to finish they could have walked around the block.

In answer to your question over my way, the winner's time for the half was about 84 mins. Also I should have some photos (a heap actually) uploaded tonight, I think Melinda will be in one of them.

Ewen said...

Yes, being on the same wave length is so important (and having the parents on the same wave length at their kids).

My suggestion would be seated 'spinning' on the bike. Or anything to burn some calories and keep the weight down.