Tuesday 12 April 2005

Tue 12 Apr, track session

No run in the morning, first time in a while, felt strange sitting at my desk by 7:15am, but I wanted to leave at 4pm, so there the breaks.

Arrived at the track at 4.30pm, no-one there yet, so I dropped my shoe bag over the fence and went off for a 15 min warm up along the road. Returned to find CR ads, and four other senior Club runners up for a session of 6x1000m. Good to see some seniors together, there were a handful of juniors around who are preparing for the Little A's Nationals carnival and a handful of 15 year old distance girls doing some light work and the old fellows (4x50+) doing their sprints.

Six of us lined up all with the same program, but slightly different pace, 6x1k (2 were doing 5) and then float for 200m and then recommence. As 2 of the guys are sub 17 min 5k runners they took off alot quicker than I normally do (normally...), but a the first 200 mark I found myself here about 6 sec too fast..., adjusted and continued on. I was aiming for repeats of 3:45-55, depending how I felt and handled the wind, but my first repeat was 3:38, then 3:48, 3:54, 3:54 & 4:01 and decided not to do the sixth due to some stomach grumbling that required a toilet break. Overall I felt the slight wind, but more I felt heavy legs and probably paid a little for the first repeat.

But still I was happy to be doing this session with a group and not just me and 1 other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are outdoor running tracks available to the general public or only those in an athletics group? I have been enquiring around here but there doesn't appear to be any.