Sunday 17 April 2005

Sun 17 Apr, a 90+ run around the You Yangs

Left home just before 8am with Cam as a passenger, the intent today is to meet a group of club runners at 9am, but I want to get in 30 minutes prior to the run, so we will arrive early, Cam will do his own thing and I will run along the trail along the inside of the fence line.

Five minutes down the road I remember that I was going to let Cam has his first drive on the Commodore, he happily accepts (he has had a few lessons, but never been on the fwy)..... Well we arrive at the You Yangs safely and he enjoyed himself and gained some road time...

I get in 32 minutes along a dirt trail along the fence line and then take off on the Great Circle Dve with a group, we eventually break into small groups of various levels, I for some reason stay with Narelle (our premier middle distance female club runner, she ran 2:10 this year for 800, and she thought that was slow). I stay and chat with her for the first 30 minutes but I suggest to her to continue on up the big hills by herself and I will see her on the other side. I continue on well by myself, but the big hills were different today, hitting them around the hour mark instead of 20-30 min.

The last 3-5 k's I try to push the pace and get a puff up and going, finish the run and look at my watch, check the splits, I have done the GCD 2 min & 5 sec faster than ever before and that was after a 30 min run. WOW :-)

No comments: