Friday 8 April 2005

Fri 8 Apr, running the Tan

After warming up for 8-10 minutes I took off around the Tan, wanted to run a mid 17 and high 16 around the 3.86km course.
The first lap was 17:45, a little slower than I originally wanted and the second lap was 17:10, also a little slower than I wanted. But the overall run felt controlled and I always knew I could go faster. This morning was warm, probably 17-19 degrees and overcast, finished off with a few drops of rain, but I was wetter with sweat than with rain. Next week I'll have to make sure I don't do too much around the Tan and re-introduce some of my old favorite courses.

Fawkner Park, South Melbourne beach, along the Yarra trail and maybe for an recovery run in the city area itself.

Overall a busy week, started a new job, did a 2 day course and meet too many new people, 8th wedding anniversary, had a balloon ride over the city, and had a lot of Western A's committee work to do as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

G'day SM,

Looks like you are doing more running in and around the city.
Congrats on the job BTW!!

Often on a Friday morning a small group meet at 7am in the city, pace 4.45 - 5min-ish, 45-50mins.

Would be happy to have you with us.

Mick (atie)