Sunday 10 April 2005

Sun 10 Apr, long run at Brimbank

Checked the weather on Foxtel just before 6am, 22.9 degrees, WOW, at this time of the year Melbourne can be lucky to get a top temperature of 22. Expected top today is 32.

Arrived at Brimbank Park at 6.30am and take off straight away from the front gate (gates open 8.30am), aiming for the River Trail via the A car park. A great morning, little wind and when the sun comes up it is very nice. I did enjoy the sunrise! Today I saw a few Wallabies and lots of rabbits, I ran along the River towards Footscray and turned near a bridge with a pipe underneath it.

An educated guess tells me I did just over 20km (using lap times from km markers for 12kms) and had a ball, felt in control the complete way.

Have just seen the results of the Canberra Marathon, congratulations to all, I have also noticed that one of the favorites in the women's race is not in the Top ten??? :-(

No comments: