Tuesday 1 March 2005

Tue 1 Mar, pissed off with stuff & my track session

Just a note to myself and anyone who is interested, last week I heavily involved myself in discussion regarding the non selection of four Victorian U20 boys who were not selected for the Australian team for the World Junior Cross Country Championhsips, 3 of the boys had meet all standards required.

On the weekend Lee Troop responded to some poor words from a new CR, PJ Bolsh (I think) and then over the weekend FreeRunner brought the complete thread down to the gutters and began a sledging match with Troopy, and of course Troopy responded with some nasty replies too and now the thread is totally destroyed. Over the past months I have seen some very nasty words directed at some of Australia's finest runners on CR, Haley McGregor, Anna Thompson, Phil Sly, Craig Mottram & Lee Troop and there are probably some others too which I have forgotton about. This has really pissed me off, and it is probably something that regularly happens on forums, but......I'm not happy!

This morning whilst in a bad mood with the above para I see another CR has had a dig at one of the regular posters (1000+) about posting repeated threads on similar topics, I'm so confused, why make any comment, if you disagree with the topic then start your own, no need for snide remarks. Now I have become involved in the snide remarks on both threads and now in my blog, so I am going to cease posting for a week or 2 to calm down and to get over the whole thing. Due to my obsession with CR, I suspect I will still lurk a little, but I will be making my statement by not responding on the messageboard or chat room for a while!

Track session tonight was good, a good warm up, 5 laps of track in lane 8 followed by drills & stride thrus. The session was shorter (a part of my freshening), 600, 500, 400, 300, 200 & 100 @ my goal 1500 pace 78-79 per 400m, a 2 min jogging recov in between first 2 then 1 min recov only. A quick session which I easily achieved and Burkie was happy with my form, a good lean he said and nice arm movements. :-)
Finish off with a 12 min cool down on the road and then did 15 minutes of stretching.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

I wanted to post something to that thread about the non-selection but declined - didn't want to get caught in the crossfire of all those nasty words.

I put it down to a clash of personalities - you just have to move on. 99% of posts on CR are constructive it's just that you remember the other 1%. It doesn't encourage other 'well known' runners to contribute as themselves for fear of being critisised.

We need to welcome new CR's and nurture them just as you would a new runner to your training group.

By the way, excellent training Stu. Good luck with your 1500!