Thursday 3 March 2005

Thu 3 Mar, last track session before Champs

Well all the work has been done, tonight will be short & sharp and I think Burkie works on this being fun and confidence building. A nice evening, little wind and still 20ish. I do 4 laps of the VU Complex with Luke S (18) and chat about stuff, my champs, his driving lessons and nearing licence test and other school stuff, very casual & entertaining.

I move away from the growing group of teenagers, want to get on with it tonight and just concentrate on my world, I go thru my standing stretches and am joined by Adrian (CR), he is 2 weeks away from his 7th (I think) 6Ft, he thinks all is going well and should run as well as last year or slightly better. I do a five stride thrus starting slower than normal, concentrating on form, and build the pace over the set. Move away again and lay down and go thru my back & hamstring stretches. Tonight I am wearing my racing gear, the Vic Masters singlet, racing shorts & spikes, I do 5 more run thrus concentrating on increasing the pace on each repeat.

Peter wants me to do 6x200 with 2m30s jogging recovery, each repeat to be 32-35 depending how I feel and how I want to go. First 3 are high 31s and then settle for 2 32.5s, the last one I knew I wanted to go faster, but held steady for first 80m then pushed, crossed in 29.8, felt great! Walked 600m barefooted and then put on my trainers and ran 2 slow laps. Stretched and went home nice and early, after thanking Peter for all of his help.

As I was leaving a few of the juniors ran up to me & wished me best of luck, thanks guys!

No comments: