Wednesday 16 March 2005

Wed 16 Mar, You Yangs

This morning I went out to the You Yangs to run the Great Cirlce Drive clockwise to see if there is any difference, I have noticed that Troopy and Mark Tucker are always going this direction.

Well the first half is harder but overall I would say the run is easier this direction, only one BIG hill and it seemed to be more down hill. Overall I was only 10 sec off my fastest time and I don't think I really pushed it today.

Still a nice run and it did give me a different focus whilst running.

Yesterday I received my number for the Sri Chinmoy race on Sunday, looking forward to it, it will be interesting to see where I am at in preparation for my attack on a sub 40 min 10km. If all goes well hopefully somewhere in the high 41s to low 42s would be expected (I probably will not break 40 min this yeaar but that is my aim).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chickybabe will be cheering for you (from afar) on Sunday, StuMac!

BTW,... (notice I can now use SMS speak!) I really like the colours you use on your blog! LL

Anonymous said...

Stu,
I will also be lining up in the 10km this Sunday.
I am looking for 37mins.
Keep up the training and never give up on your time goals!

Cheers Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi there
Was wondering if you know the distance of the Great Circle Drive in the You Yangs? My girlfriend is training for the 6 foot track in the Blue mountains and is looking for some hilly runs, I ride my bike out there but have never measured it. Any other suggestions for mid-distance(10-20km) hilly runs would be great if you know any.
Cheers (and good luck for your 2006 goals!)
Andy