Sunday 30 December 2007

The normal Sun morning with some fellow Western Aths members

Yep another trip to the You Yangs, but being on holidays and only 20ish minutes away with soooo many different paths and soft trails it beats the roads & pavements.

With Burkie away in Hawaii, I wasn't able to change the run time (as a couple of the guys had suggested) as a few of his girls are more than happy to use me as their 'stand in coach'. Today we had three teenager girls, me, Mel, Adrian, Luke & Matilda (Mel's dog) as we took off along the Branding Yard Trail which is the inner loop, 5.6km. The younger girls dropped off just after 2k and we continued on, not too fast, the first loop in just over 30 minutes. A quick stop to hydrate and a quick chat to the parents and then the we (less teenagers) made our way up GCD with a nice sharp hill to wake our legs.

After a few side tracks we made away into the MTB area and then into the Quarry area up a BIG hill and then further up onto 'no tree hill' where we did a bit of sight seeing (you can see a LONG way) and then back down and back in the direction of our starting location. The majority of the run we ran together but every hill we would separate, Luke leading, then Adrian, me & Mel and the dog somewhere in between. All up for Mel & I, we ran 17.6km in 1h 41m, a very enjoyable run with only a few walks to save my achilles and two times due to lack of fitness.


Legs feel good now after a some gentle stretching and then an ice bath, much to Cam's amusement who arrived at my flat just as I was getting in for my second 5 min period and heard me making some very strange noises.... anyway, afterwards I had an enjoyable lunch with Cam.

No comments: