Thursday 27 December 2007

A mid week trip to the You Yangs

Last night I sent a text to 10 Club mates to see who was up for a trip to the YY in the morning, lots of no thanks due to work and a few none answers. I wanted to run for 60 minutes and didn't want to run the roads so I stuck with my idea and arrived at Toynes Rd at 8:30am.

I waited a few minutes, just in case and then took off, about 700m later I realised I had left my Garmin in the car, so I turned around back to the car, chucked on the Garmin and back onto the Branding Loop upto Turntable. Up the BIG hill I walked, protecting my achilles (even though there was no discomfort) and in the big picture I am probably not fit enough to run 60 minutes with big hills.

After a toilet break at Turntable I made my way along the rolling hills along Rockford and then down a big hill, back onto Branding and back to the car. A quick drink and then along Great Circle Drive for a few minutes, then I followed a dirt trail onto some grass until I got to the fence and then I turned back along the 'Greyhound track' back to the car. 10.3km + 1.4km


I spent the majority of the day with the 3 younger boys at the park, skate park and walking 20 min one way for Subway and then back (Kaelan was in a pusher). Only a few abrasions from the skate park; a bike crash and a scooter crash, but both loved it. Then I took them back home and made them return their mum's house back to a house and not look like a 'Toys R Us' tornado aftermath before Julie returned from sales shopping.

I went to the track and jogged 2 laps and stretched for ages whilst chatting to Burkie about his squad, as he is leaving on a jet plane at 2am on his way to Hawaii for Narelle's wedding.

End of the day, I'm not really sure what is wrong...but I can't feel my achilles at ALL! I noticed today that it appears I am not going to make 3000km for the first time in 3 years... :-(

1 comment:

jojo said...

sounds like a nice day!!! not being able to feel your achilles is a GOOD thing...ummm can you please tell both of my achilles..you seem to have passed it onto me!!