Monday 31 December 2007

43 degrees here in Melbourne & 2007 Wrap Up

OMG!!! At 8:30 it was still in the mid 20's, so I could have run, but with a few k's in the legs over the past few days and some not so nice chaffing marks from some very sweaty shorts (jocks) as a result of yesterdays run I decided I would rest today!

So really no need to blog a run today, but I will post to let the blogging world know it is fucking hot here in Melbourne and we have a stack more days predicted of 37 in the next 7 days with a few cool changes of 30 thrown in...

Many of the blogs I read, have already posted their thoughts for 2007 and their goals for 2008, bur I am not ready yet, but some the following are some immediate thoughts:

* it hasn't been a great running year
* a few niggles have prevented good running
* a medical issue has prevented good running
* some laziness has prevented good running
* BUT I have still enjoyed my running, which is very important
* I have VERY much enjoyed my introduction to coaching teenagers & adults and I thank those athletes for allowing me to help them, especially Clare as she was the first person over the age of 16 who entrusted their entire program to me!

So overall, whilst slightly disappointed with my overall running performance, I am aware that there are valid reasons, but as I said above I have still enjoyed my running and especially enjoyed my coaching and I hope that I can continue to help those who have who want and those who's parents have picked me to help their children. Clare, Jo, Roz, Tegan (not so much now), Adam K (only for his speed sessions), Pierre, Scott, Michelle; (Little Aths kids --->), Connor, Teagan, Bailey, Beau, Jack, Emma, Jake, Courtney, Demi, Brooke and of course all 46 Under 6 kiddies. There are others, but those mentioned have been the consistant runners who I have helped throughout 2007, there are others who I chatted to and helped a bit (I think).
_________________________

2007 Monthly Kilometres:
January - 310
February - 328
March - 178
April - 278
May - 272
June - 290
July - 277
August - 299
September - 226
October - 247
November - 191
December - 120

Total - 2922km
_________________________

2007 Personal Bests:
TBA
_________________________

2007 Racing Highlights:
TBA
_________________________

Thank you all for reading and posting and I hope to catch you all in 2008.

5 comments:

jojo said...

thanks for being my coach..your advice and help is very much appreciated.. :)

Tesso said...

I think we stole your weather :-)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Andrew(ajh) said...

Happy New Year Stu, here's hoping that 2008 brings resolution (and healing) to the medical issues so you can give the running everything you want to.

Congratulations on the coaching too, I just know your efforts mean a lot to those you invest your time in!

Anonymous said...

Christ on a bike it was hot yesterday, almost glad I finished the night passed out drunk otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get any sleep LOL

It has been great to see you get into the coaching, it really does suit you and I have no doubt your runners appreciate your time and efforts.

Personally I always value any advice that you send my way as well, always sensible and intuitive, thanks heaps.

Hears to a great '08 and every success for your squad.

Ewen said...

I bail out if it gets over 30 degrees - luckily it's usually under that by 8pm :)

I hope 2008 continues to be a good one for your coaching Stu. Also for your running - not just enjoying it, but scoring a few PBs. Fingers crossed the injuries are few.