Monday 24 December 2007

Mon, Christmas Eve

Yep, finally I did it, I found some time and energy and I ran the 5.3km gentle loop at the You Yangs with Jo nice and gentle, I was aware of my achilles, but nothing to be concerned about.

We ran the course in just over 29 min and I am hoping to get the elevation graph off Jo for historical for the other coaches, we use this course for many of the juniors within our squads and for some of the older athletes we use it as a nice warm track, today it was my 'return' track and just a few easy k's for Jo (who delivered a Christmas pressie wooohoooo)




I had a physio appt with Bel at 1:30pm, she said she could definetely feel an improvement in the heel area but where the calf and achilles joined was very tight and highly recommended a full leg massage (which I am overdue for).


Evening run & stretch, a few of Burkie's group were doing a light session tonight, so I joined Luke who is preparing himself for the Vic U23 Champs over the steeples, so twice a week he is doing 30 minutes of hurdle drills and stair work. I joined Luke for his 2.5k w/up and then I did a few minutes of drills and then 20 min of stretching whilst watching the hurdle drills. And before the comments start re a doubling up day after no running for nearly three weeks,....I wouldn't call just over 8k very excessive and all of the running was very casual.

2 comments:

jojo said...

.lol..yeah ok..i will take back the double up of running comment..and how you would have told me off for it shall i ??? lol.. it was nice to go for a run at the infamous 'you yangs' and thanks for the tips re the arms..even if it did make me feel unco

Andrew(ajh) said...

Glad you managed to get a run in without too much negative impact!

Merry Christmas Stu!