Thursday 27 March 2008

Pilates & then day after

Last night I had pilates, I was noticeably quiet and after 30 minutes I was asked what was wrong (I am normally the only guy in the class & generally quite talkative). A quick explanation (my pilates instructor, Narelle, is a VERY good runner who has been injured since making the Vic XC team last year), ohhh, sorry to hear.

The pilates class was enjoyable, the last few weeks I have noticed I can get into some of the more difficult poses easier, I am also finding myself a lot more flexible and by the end of the session I am getting closer to placing my forehead on my knees when doing hamstring work etc. And Narelle mentioned to me that she noticed I am a lot further advanced than one month ago. Well at least something is improving...
_________________

This morning was a PAINFUL trip into the city, 80 minutes due to an accident on the Westgate Bridge, so my session in the gym was greatly reduced as I had a meeting at 8:30am. SO just 15 minutes in the gym, probably not really worth it, but mentally I needed it.

3 comments:

jojo said...

being injured is no fun :(

Andrew(ajh) said...

Stu, thanks for the advice the other day re my 12yo neighbour. They are up in Qld at the moment for a week, but when they return I am really looking forward to having a little running partner. She is looking forward to it too!

Tesso said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STU!!!!!

Hope you have a great day.