Friday 7 March 2008

My visit to Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre

Today I visited OPSMC and seen Karen, a Sports Physician. Background, watch me walk, watch me do a few activities and then had a detailed look at my achilles and calf.

Zero pain in the calf, soleus or the typical achilles tendon region, all of the pain is very isolated on the heel. So one of two things, Achilles Tendon Bursitis or achilles tendonitis. Of course it could be both, so off for some scans & x-rays to determine which way to move ahead. I got the feeling that Karen is thinking more towards Bursitis. So, NO running for two MORE weeks, onto prescription antiflams (Naprosyn 500) twice a day, no swimming, no water running. Bike riding (on the set only) and swimming with a thing in between the legs to stop the use of the feet.

So for me, bike in the gym, gym work & pilates.


Whilst at OPSMC today I ran into Sally, she was the pod I did the achilles study with last year at Melb Uni, a small world.

2 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

I am a very happy Dr Holzer patient- your treatment looks a little harsher than mine though - dammit, I never got those prescription anti inflams :(
And the best advice they don't tell you- take those receipts to medicare!

Anonymous said...

Another Dr K patient here as well, she is excellent, in fact better stop blogging and get going, I have an appt with her at 9 for my blood test!

I find she treats the injury pretty aggressively, but hey, look at me now, all better.

Sally is also my pod.

Very small world indeed.

Hope you get to the bottom of what is bugging you, I want to see you out on the grass and roads this winter.