Sunday 9 March 2008

Vic Overage Champs & WLAC Open Day

A busy weekend, no running, but lots of running & watching the results of my coaching over the past months.

The Overage Champs resulted in Bronze in the 400m with a 2 + sec PB and a high 2:34 Gold in the 800m. The 800m is the GREAT one, tactically it sounds like it was a great one (I missed it due to Little Aths) and considering Jo didn't believe she could run under 2:40 one month ago and to say she was 'shitting' herself after Christmas is an UNDERSTATEMENT and thinking she could run under 2:45!!!


Another plus for the O/Age Champs, was a lady, Michele, asked me a few weeks ago if she could join my squad and also join Wes Aths, I watched her compete on the weekend in a O30 100m race (which was as a result of a bet with a friend), next year the 1500 - 5000m will be the approach.
______________________________

Eleven kids competing today, lots of Open Day medals & lots of PBs too. Lots of sun time for me and I feel like it will be an early night to bed after a couple of 'cold ales'. I was really happy with some of the runs in very hot conditions and not just the PBs and or medals, but the ability to hold their form all the way to the line and to try to the best of their abilities!. A BIG :-)

5 comments:

jojo said...

..yep was pretty chuffed with the race... too bad you couldnt be there- you would have been pleased!!!! i was restrained for the first lap...yes those words did just pass through my lips ..thanks for all the great coaching!!!

Anonymous said...

Well done Coach - you're very obviously doing a great job!

Ewen said...

Sounds like a great meeting Stu. Jo is rather restrained with her exclamation marks - only seven!

As I'd like to break 2:40 next season, I might hit you up for a few tips :)

Well done with the State Multis too. Sorry the achilles is hanging around - I hope staying off it does the trick.

jojo said...

shush! ewen!!!! i get paid BY the exclamation mark.... lol!!! big tip is ... let stu be super bossy!!!

Ewen said...

Good tip jojo. The coach is always right (most of the time)!!!!