Wednesday 8 November 2006

Wed 08 Nov 06, Corporate Cup & S2F training

12km today and 38km for the week so far.

I competed in the final round of the Spring Corporate Cup today. With my legs still feeling the slight effects from Sunday I wasn't expecting a great run, but many others did post some decent PBs today and they competed on Sunday, but it wasn't that way for me. I ran 14:43, 13 seconds off my PB.


This afternoon I received an email from Tim asking me if I could stand in for him tonight and take the speed group at S2F, which of course I said yes. 6x500 with 90 sec recovery.

A big group, probably 30ish, which I split into 2 groups and got one of the experienced guys to monitor the recovery times and I ran with the slower group and helped them along. My group were finishing their rep between 1:50-59 for all 6 reps.

On the personal side, there are many occassions in your life when not everything goes your way and I have to come to terms with the decision of others. Time has come for some changes and my blog is one of them, thanks for reading. Stu Mac

10 comments:

Sekhmet said...

Look after yourself mate
xox

Em said...

It's been a pleasure, but we hope you come back.

Take care :-)

Tesso said...

I've enjoyed following your training and racing through your blog. You work so hard at achieving your own goals yet still find the time to encourage and help others in your group.

Keep up the good work. Hope all goes well for you.

We'll miss you.

Anonymous said...

hey stu,
always a good read to see what you are up to.
hope to see you soon.

Chris said...

Have enjoyed reading Stu.

Will see you at a run soon mate.

Ewen said...

You're stopping the blog? That's a shame Stu - I enjoyed reading about your training and racing.

Guess I'll have to look to the AV results to see what you've been up to. I hope the rest of the track season goes well.

All the best mate. Take care.

Spark Driver said...

I have been a happy lurker, occasional poster to your Blog.

Good luck with your running in the future.

Unknown said...

Stu, you can't stop blogging now! You simply can't! I don't comment very much these days, but I always read your blog to see if I'm getting close to catching you on the track one day!!

I'll be very sad if you go away!

Anonymous said...

there are many occassions in your life when not everything goes your way and I have to come to terms with the decision of others.

So finally you are waking up to yourself, does this mean you will start looking after yourself too.

"You know who its from"

Clairie said...

Take care Stu, and don't be a stranger.

Best of luck with your running....and with the rest of your life!!

If you ever need to chat give me a call
0438000060