Saturday 4 November 2006

Fri 03 Nov 06, what a morning!!!

10km today and 55km for the week.

A beautiful morning, brillant blue skies and NO wind, coolish, but comfortable. I parked my car at 6:55am along the Tan and then jogged down to Fed Square to meet up with Clarkey. I haven't seen Clarkey since about 4-6 weeks prior to the marathon (3:05), he is still looking very fit and was in good spirits. We ran through the city and down to Princes Park, a casual run, with loads of chatting and catching up, talking about this and that, some running and some not. Before we knew it we were back running through the city and back at Fed Square we were parted ways, back towards our cars.

I checked my watch whilst running along St Kilda Rd, I decided I would run around the parks on the grass until I got to 50 minnutes.

I'm off to the Melb Victory game tonight with Connor & Declan, our first football match at the Docklands, a draw, but a very exciting game against the CC Mariners, 3 all. Four goals in the first 12 minutes made a great start. The crowd were so loud and made a lot of AFL games seem very quiet, its an amazing feel listening to 99% of the supporters barracking for the one team!

Saturday no running planned in preparation for Sunday's Nigel Aylott Relay with the Melb Midday Milers, check out the course description some BIG hills here. A team event with four runners, everyone runs four legs, one being a 3km time trial, a great day and some very tired legs afterwards.

7 comments:

Em said...

Friday morning was stunning, I got started at 630 along the yarra and around the tan, big smile the whole time, all those lazy fools in bed when they could have been out enjoying a perfect melbourne morning :-)

Enjoy tomorrow, looks like a hell of a big day.

Sekhmet said...

Enjoy the hills tomorrow - you know you love them really ;-)

Anonymous said...

Stu,
I took my son to the Mariners game and loved it ( we go regularly).
Gutsy second half...championship stuff

Tesso said...

Good luck in the relay. Love the look of the course. Can't wait to hear what legs you get to run.

Anonymous said...

I was there as well, bit of a regular now. What a great game. I think somebody should have a word with Muscat.

Anonymous said...

I was there as well, bit of a regular now. What a great game. I think somebody should have a word with Muscat.

(I forgot to sign in)

Clarkey said...

Great running with you again Stu, my first 60min+ run, overall covering 16km, great to have company for the middle 10km.

See you again soon